10th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering
4-6 May 2021, Virtual
Thank you for attending the 10th International IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering!
We hope you enjoyed your time online with us and are leaving with new connections and helpful insights. Here are a few post-event reminders:
- Survey: Click here to take our post-event survey and provide feedback to improve future events. The survey will close end of day – May 24.
- Session Recordings: Applicable session recordings will be provided on the virtual event website (click here to access) starting May 12 until June 8, 2021. You will navigate the sessions the same way you did for the live event; recordings will be available for viewing when you click into the session. Poster presentations will also be available for review until June 8, 2021.
- Certificate of Participation: This will be automatically emailed to all registered attendees within 1-week post-event.
About the Conference
The Neural Engineering Community welcomes researchers, members of academia, clinicians, and representatives of patient associations, industry, government agencies, funders, and other interested parties to attend the premier conference for this highly interdisciplinary field. NER is the world’s gathering place for biomedical engineers, neuroscientists, and clinicians to share research and to exchange ideas and breakthrough advances in novel engineering tools for elucidating brain function and neuro technologies for the restoration and enhancement of impaired sensory, motor, and cognitive functions.
The conference program will feature keynote speakers, invited talks, mini-symposia, and poster sessions.
All papers will be peer reviewed. All accepted one page and four page papers will appear in the Conference Program. Only four page papers will have the opportunity to be published in IEEE XPlore.
|Nov 20, 2020
Dec 10, 2020
*Dec 21, 2020
|Accept/reject notification||Dec 21, 2020
Jan 11, 2021
Jan 26, 2021
Feb 2, 2021
|Final submission deadline||Feb 1, 2021
Feb 8, 2021
Feb 12, 2021
Feb 19, 2021
|Submission deadline||Nov 20, 2020
Dec 21, 2020
|Submission deadline||Feb 19, 2021|
|Submission deadline||Feb 19, 2021
Feb 26, 2021
|Accept/reject notification||Mar 12, 2021|
|Final submission deadline||Mar 22, 2021|
Best Poster Award – Sponsored by Elsevier
Bi-electrode Epiretinal Stimulation at Cellular Resolution for Axon Avoidance
- R Vilkhu1, S Madugula1, LE Grosberg1, P Hottowy2, A Sher3, AM Litke3, S Mitra1 & EJ Chichilnisky1
1 Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA, 2 AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland, 3 University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Artificial partners to understand joint action and to make better therapy robots
- C. De Vicariis 1, G. Pusceddu 1, V.T. Chackochan 2, V. Sanguineti 1
1 University of Genoa, Italy, 2 Bournemouth University, UK
Attendee Voted Best Poster Award – Sponsored by Elsevier
A Software Tool for the Real-Time in Vivo Evaluation of Neural Electrodes’ Selectivity
- Ivo Strauss1 , Daniela De Luca1, Adele Panarese1, Fabio Bernini, Khatia Gabisonia1, Francesco Petrini 1,4, Fabio Recchia1, Stanisa Stanisa Raspopovic3, Silvestro Micera1,2
1 Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, Italy, 2 École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 3 Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Systems, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, 4 SensArs Neuroprosthetics Sarl, Lausanne, Switzerland
Diversity & Inclusion Award – Sponsored by EPFL and University of Pittsburgh
- Junio Alves de Lima
- Maria Jantz and Ashley Dalrymple
- Chantel Charlebois
Best Paper Award – Sponsored by Cortec
Targeting post-stroke walking automaticity with a propulsion augmenting soft robotic exosuit toward a biomechanical and neurophysiological approach to assistance prescription
- Regina Sloutsky 1 , Meryem A. Yücel, Ashley N. Collimore 1, El Ottman 1, Terry D. Ellis 1, Conor J. Walsh 2, David A. Boas 1, Louis N. Awad 1
1 Boston University, USA 2 Harvard University, USA
Recruitment of Primary Afferents by Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation using the Injectrode
- Ashley N Dalrymple 1,2 , Jordyn E Ting 2, Rohit Bose 2, Stephan Nieuwoudt 3, Manfred Franke 3, Kip A Ludwig 4, Andrew J Shoffstall 5, Lee E Fisher 1, Douglas J Weber 1,2
1 Carnegie Mellon University, USA 2 University of Pittsburgh, USA 3 Neuronoff Inc., Cleveland, USA 4 University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA 5 Case Western Reserve University, USA
LFP based analysis of brain injured anesthetized animals undergoing closed-loop intracortical stimulation
- Federico Barban 1, Alberto Averna 2, Maxwell D. Murphy 3, Marta Carè 1, Randolph J. Nudo 3, David J. Guggenmos 3 and Michela Chiappalone 1
1 Rehab Technologies, Italian Institute of Technology, Genova, Italy, 2 Aldo Ravelli Center for Experimental Brain, Italy, 3 University of Milan, Italy, 4 University of Kansas, USA
Full Conference registration includes: Access to all virtual Keynotes, mini-symposia, special sessions, poster gallery, live chat during poster session hours, and online access to conference proceedings.
Call for Papers
Diversity and Inclusion
Silvestro Micera & Thomas Stieglitz – Conference Chairs
Paolo Bonato, Michela Chiappalone, Alessandra Pedrocchi & Takafumi Suzuki – Program Chairs
Metin Akay & Paul Sajda – International Program Chairs
Marco Capogrosso & Stanisa Raspopivic – Mini-symposiums & Special Sessions Chairs
Alberto Mazzoni & JoJo Platt – Publicity & Media Chairs
Calogero Oddo – Finance Chair
Mahsa Shoaran & Solaiman Shokur – Award Chairs
Lorenzo De Michieli & Rylie Green – Exhibition Chair